Retail Support Manager
Job Title: Retail Support Manager
Location: Merchants Warehouse - Manchester
Work Pattern: 37.5 Hours Per Week
With almost 800 stores and over 7000 dedicated employees, we are the UKs largest independent pharmacy chain. Customer care is at the heart of everything we do and as we continue to grow at an incredible rate, exciting opportunities are being created for people like you to join our team.
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate who is confident and ready for a challenge. Reporting into the Central Operations Manager, you’ll be the escalation point for the Retail Support Team co-ordinators and to be the first point of contact for all operational store-based colleague queries. You will be expected to resolve calls promptly and consistently.
What you'll do:
- Be responsible for external relationships with key operational contacts
- Budget ownership for stores stationary spend, requiring pro-active planning, tracking of orders & spend and implementing control measures where required
- Answer calls and webform queries within agreed SLAs, resolving queries where possible and triaging calls as appropriate using the decision-making trees
- Liaise with all central teams to ensure efficient query resolution
- Take ownership for Store Incident Plan including co-ordination of all central teams, follow up with store and reviewing effectiveness of plan
- Use of call data to provide MI insight to OLT on a weekly basis, identifying trends and opportunities for continuous improvement across the estate whilst working with the central operations team to simplify processes.
- Lead team of 7 Co-ordinators involving regular 1:1s, setting objectives, development and management of the team
- Partners with Simpler, Best-in-Class and change teams to ensure RST are fully briefed and able to support queries from launch.
- Partner with key central teams to ensure RST are briefed and are aware of any new and updated processes to support with query management and call handling
- Work collaboratively with Trading Manager to identify root causes to trending queries
- Understand market leading operations to offer suggestions for improvement to current contracts/processes
- Develop commercial recommendations and proposals within a broader operations strategy
- Gain an understanding of our wide variation of pharmacy locations, market conditions which are to be considered as part of analysis to inform thinking around presenting problems, areas for improvement, recommendations and business development ideas.
Key knowledge and skills required for the role:
- Good knowledge of pharmacy regulations
- Previous line management essential
- Up to date working knowledge of all Well store operating model, including all processes, systems & policies
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- High attention to detail including data input and analysis
- Proficient use of IT skills, including familiarity with call centre software
- Stakeholder management, communication and influencing skills, with ability to build and maintain internal & external
If you want to help us with our purpose, of looking after people’s most precious thing, their health and wellbeing, and you're keen to progress your career with a business that's going to disrupt the market, then join us.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy in advance of the closing date.