Job Title: Tax Manager
Salary: Competitive (dependent upon experience)
Work Pattern: 37.5 Hours Per Week
With almost 800 stores and over 7000 dedicated employees, we are the UKs largest independent pharmacy chain. Customer care is at the heart of everything we do and as we continue to grow at an incredible rate, exciting opportunities are being created for people like you to join our team.
You will report into the Group Financial Controller and be the direct point of Well Pharmacy with HMRC and the Bestway Group and be responsible for preparation and submission of tax returns, tax compliance and tax reporting. You will be hands-on in managing each Company's tax compliance affairs but can utilise the firm's external tax advisors for tax planning and advisory work.
You will be responsible for looking after all areas of UK Tax Compliance for Well Pharmacy. This includes corporate tax, VAT and indirect tax, PAYE and employment tax, R&D Tax and BPR.
What you'll do:
- Perform and ensure the accurate recording of all tax related costs across the Well business
- Be the direct point of contact for the Well with HMRC
- Ensure the correct and appropriate preparation and submission of all annual tax returns in line with the Company’s and statutory reporting deadlines
- Ensure the correct calculation of the Quarterly Instalment Payments for Well, liaising with Group to ensure an appropriate level of Group relief has been taken into account and to ensure all tax payments are made on time
- Ensure the correct and appropriate recording of VAT within the businesses. Ensure appropriate processes are put in place to ensure VAT is captured at the correct rate. Review the monthly VAT return and ensure the VAT returns are submitted in a timely manner on a monthly basis
- Ensure the accurate recording of capital allowances that can be claimed by the businesses. Liaising with the relevant teams across the businesses within Finance and the wider business to ensure appropriate processes are in place to capture the required information correctly
- Act as the subject matter expert in Finance and to the wider business for all tax related matters. Overseeing the relationship with HR (tax related reward and benefit matters, PAYE & NI submissions, other levies)
- Responsible for the review of the tax and appropriate balance sheet accounts, their preparation, accuracy and accurate resolution on a monthly basis as part of the management accounts process.
- Be the main point of contact between Well and the Bestway Group for Tax purposes
- Take ownership for tax planning across the business and build the strategy (in line with Bestway Group) and processes to help drive overall tax reductions in line with the business plan over the medium term
- Manage and communicate with internal and external audit on all areas of tax
Key knowledge and skills required for the role:
- The complexity of accounting for all tax related matters across the Well business
- The interaction with numerous finance teams and stakeholders (internal and external) to complete tasks accurately within agreed timeframes to meet statutory deadlines
- The understanding of the requirements of Well and how this aligns with Bestway Group requirements
- Works on 12 month basis for submission of tax computations and liaison with external advisers etc and works on a periodic set of management accounts and to review the VAT returns, PAYE, NI etc.
In return we can offer you:
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent training & development opportunities
- Paid Holidays
- Workplace pension scheme
- Staff Discount
- Childcare Vouchers, Travel Loans and more…
If you want to help us with our purpose, of looking after people’s most precious thing, their health and wellbeing, and you're keen to progress your career with a business that's going to disrupt the market, then join us.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy in advance of the closing date.