Senior Finance Business Partner – Retail Operations
Job Title: Senior Finance Business Partner – Retail Operations
Salary: £50,000 - £65,000 (dependent upon experience)
Work Pattern: 37.5 Hours Per Week
With almost 800 stores and over 7000 dedicated employees, we are the UKs largest independent pharmacy chain. Customer care is at the heart of everything we do and as we continue to grow at an incredible rate, exciting opportunities are being created for people like you to join our team.
Reporting into the Head of Financial Planning & Analysis, the Senior Finance Business Partner will Support the Retail Operations Director and Divisional General Managers and manage a team of three regional divisional finance business partners. You will provide accurate financial and commercial analysis in respect of all retail operations performance providing a clear level of focus and actionable insight and driving performance in this division.
What you'll do:
- Management responsibility for a team of three divisional finance business partners, working across a portfolio of c800 stores
- Provide financial and commercial support to the Retail Operations Director, Divisional General Managers and field teams.
- Develop the relationship with these business areas in order to challenge performance, achieve targets and drive continuous improvement.
- Financial responsibility and reporting on all aspects of operations P&L’s with drill down at store level
- Ensure high quality, consistent, actionable and value added insight and reporting is made available on a timely basis
- Provide support and co-ordination to connected projects and financial awareness training within the business
- Work closely with Financial Control team to enable timely and good quality month accounts reporting and detailed personnel and cost analysis
- Responsibility for all key operations reporting and insight deep dives at Bestway Board, Pharmacy Board and Retail Ops Meetings
- Develop competitor benchmarking and local market insight, dovetailing with new data systems projects
- Responsibility for validation of all financials submitted to Pharmacy/Bestway board relating to strategy and projects
- Responsibility for all forecasting, budgeting and future planning for retail operations including management of store bonus schemes
- Support Head of FP&A and CFO on any other ad-hoc strategic projects, opportunities or initiatives
- Ensure compliance with Finance and Procurement Processes and adherence to business governance policy and procedures
Key knowledge and skills required for the role:
- Qualified Accountant with at least 5 years PQE
- Non-Finance & Finance Stakeholder management, communication and influencing skills, with ability to build and maintain effective internal and external relationships.
- Experience with partnering at senior levels
- Confident with ability to constructively challenge to drive performance.
- Highly analytical with financial awareness and commercial acumen.
- Excellent computer and report building and data analysis skills.
In return we can offer you:
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent training & development opportunities
- Paid Holidays
- Workplace pension scheme
- Staff Discount
- Childcare Vouchers, Travel Loans and more…
If you want to help us with our purpose, of looking after people’s most precious thing, their health and wellbeing, and you're keen to progress your career with a business that's going to disrupt the market, then join us.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy in advance of the closing date.