Transformation Contracts Co-ordinator
Manchester, M3 4LZ
Job Title: Transformation Contracts Co-ordinator
Salary: Up to £21,847
Work Pattern: 37.5 Hours Per Week
Location: Merchants Warehouse, Manchester
With almost 800 stores and over 7000 dedicated employees, we are the UKs largest independent pharmacy chain. Customer care is at the heart of everything we do and as we continue to grow at an incredible rate, exciting opportunities are being created for people like you to join our team.
We are looking for a candidate who is adept at problem solving and tenacious at getting to the root of an issue. You will manage all external contracts within the Transformation team to ensure that contracts are set up within business guidelines and within budget. You will also oversee the Purchase Order and Invoice processes within Transformation.
What you'll do:
- Maintain central log of Purchase Orders and Invoices and ensure correct processes are followed by internal stakeholders; Purchase Orders raised for IT equipment, Services and Support agreements, temporary contractors and third parties
- Manage the process of setting up of all new transformation contracts with external suppliers; involves working closely with stakeholders such as Departmental Managers, procurement team and external suppliers, challenging where appropriate to ensure that all contracts are set up correctly and due diligence is adhered to, making sure all authorisation processes have been followed, that it is within agreed budget and costed to the correct location often within tight timescales
- Manage the processes with all Purchase Order raisers within Transformation to ensure that they are following processes correctly, giving feedback, advice, and challenging where necessary so that departmental budgets are managed effectively
- Liaise closely with finance to ensure all Purchase Orders raised are within budget and are charged to the correct cost centre
- Work closely with all departmental co-ordinators to ensure that all invoices are actioned correctly
- Attend month end financial reviews with Finance team and Transformation Director to ensure anything in the budget is accounted for and is correct.
- Investigate where invoices and Purchase Orders are not matching and come to the correct resolution
- Reconcile large number of complex invoices on credit cards for equipment ordered across the department
- Ensure process is right for sundry payments – ensure done properly and approved by the Transformation Director
- Maintain database of all contractors to include their start and end dates, and correct Purchase Order so that extensions to contracts are managed in line with business processes
- Management of a large number of complex invoices and Purchase Orders
- Determines order of own daily, weekly, monthly and longer-term priorities, generally planning 2 to 4 weeks in advance
- Takes the initiative to address and expedite activities of the Transformation department as required.
Key knowledge and skills required for the role:
- Ability to work to demanding timescales maintaining attention to detail.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Knowledge of invoice matching processes
- Need to understand the difference between Capex and Opex Purchase Orders
In return we can offer you:
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent training & development opportunities
- Paid Holidays
- Workplace pension scheme
- Staff Discount
- Childcare Vouchers, Travel Loans and more…
If you want to help us with our purpose, of looking after people’s most precious thing, their health and wellbeing, and you're keen to progress your career with a business that's going to disrupt the market, then join us.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy in advance of the closing date.