Senior Finance Business Partner – Transformation, Strategy and Projects
Job Ttitle: Senior Finance Business Partner – Transformation, Strategy and Projects
Salary: £50,000 - £65,000 (dependent upon experience)
What you'll do:
Reporting into the Head of Financial Planning & Analysis, you’ll provide accurate financial and commercial analysis in respect of all Transformation and Project spend and performance. Also Business Partnering into the National Estates Development Manager be responsible for all store investment appraisal activity.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide financial and commercial support to the Transformation Director and IT teams. Also support to the wider business on any other business projects or strategic initiatives.
- Develop the relationship with these business areas in order to challenge performance, achieve targets and drive continuous improvement.
- Financial responsibility and reporting on the strategy workstreams including creation and validation of benefits cases and tracking cost and benefits to budgets and plan
- Introduce regular project forecasting process as part of reporting
- Regular progress and summary reporting to Exec on project status and progress of all project/Capex spend and return
- Responsibility for validation of all financials submitted to Pharmacy/Bestway board relating to strategy and projects
- Provide insight and challenge regarding added value/ opportunity cost and strategic fit of spend and resource
- Work with Senior BP FP&A to create clear feed from project and strategic plans into business forecasts
- Support Head of FP&A and CFO on any other ad-hoc strategic projects, opportunities or initiatives
- Day to day management of direct reports - Stores Investment Accountant and Fixed Asset Accountant
- Ensure compliance with Finance and Procurement Processes and adherence to business governance policy and procedures
Key knowledge and skills required for the role:
- Qualified Accountant with at least 5 years PQE
- Non Finance & Finance Stakeholder management, communication and influencing skills, with ability to build and maintain effective internal and external relationships.
- Experience with partnering at senior levels
- Confident with ability to constructively challenge to drive performance.
- Create, maintain and validate accurate business models for strategic workstreams
- Provide Insight and timely information on project progress flagging risks and opportunities and making relevant financial recommendations
- Partner with senior managers outside of finance to provide solid financial support, relevant challenge and a holistic joined up view for exec decision making
- Will be required to work on monthly, quarterly annual and 3 year strategic planning horizons.
- Highly analytical with financial awareness and commercial acumen.
- Excellent computer and report building and data analysis skills.
If you want to help us with our purpose, of looking after people’s most precious thing, their health and wellbeing, and you're keen to progress your career with a business that's going to disrupt the market, then join us