21 Castle Street
Job Title: PR Manager
Location: Merchants Warehouse, Manchester
Salary: £40,000 + Bonus Opportunity up to 15%
Work Pattern: 37.5 Hours Per Week
Specialising in healthcare communications for the third largest pharmacy chain in the UK
Community pharmacy is an ever-changing industry and Well is in the midst of an exciting period of transformation, with new ventures such as digital pharmacy launched in 2018 to support our 780 pharmacies across the country. In line with the transformation, Well is also launching a fresh, new brand to reflect the future direction of the company. To raise awareness of our core business of prescriptions; our innovation projects; and the essential health services our pharmacy teams are offering, we need a talented, energetic, and creative PR Manager to lead the way.
This senior position will report into the Head of Corporate Communications and provides a fantastic opportunity to drive healthcare communications in one of the top three pharmacy chains. No two days are ever the same, and you will be exposed to every area of the business as the newest member of an enthusiastic and lively corporate communications team. You’ll design and lead corporate PR to raise the profile of our brand in business, trade, and tech media; as well as driving customer-facing PR activity to provide essential healthcare advice to the public and drive footfall in-store.
In addition to the pharmacy estate, the Well Group includes Specialist Care, a medicine management service for care homes, and Bestway Medhub, a pharmacy wholesale business. A key part of your role will be leading business-to-business communications for these operations.
The person we are looking for has:
- PR degree
- At least 3 years’ PR experience either in-house or with a PR agency
- Excellent communication and media relation skills
- Leadership skills and the ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills – clear, concise and compelling
- The ability to thrive under pressure with high attention to detail
- Desirable – experience in event management
- Desirable – experience launching digital services
What we’d like you to do:
- Create and execute the PR strategy for Well Pharmacy in conjunction with the Head of Corporate Communications. Achieve key business objectives for our three sub-brands: Eddie, Specialist Care, and Bestway Medhub.
- Drive the six-month forward PR plan, identifying and creating opportunities in target media, and designing impactful media events to achieve high volumes of positive coverage that convey key business messages.
- Cultivate strong relationships with print, digital and broadcast journalists and influencers, as well as thought leaders within community pharmacy and the healthcare sector.
- Manage all media inquiries with the support of the PR Specialist. Responsible for handling the PR response to crisis situations.
- Analyse, monitor and evaluate the impact of PR activity on the business. Track performance and meet monthly PR targets to help drive business and brand growth through media coverage and events.
- Write and sign off the creation of all PR materials including press kits, press releases, external award entries and press statements.
- Build robust relationships with key internal stakeholders at all levels including the Executive team, to gain relevant knowledge and expertise enabling insightful content, comments and interviews. Responsible for briefing all internal spokespeople on communicating with the media.
- Line manager to the PR Specialist, and day to day activity for the in-house press team.
- Work closely with internal communications to ensure that colleagues are fully informed about important external messages
In return we can offer you:
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent training & development opportunities
- Paid Holidays
- Workplace pension scheme
- Staff Discount
- Childcare Vouchers, Travel Loans and more…
If you want to help us with our purpose, of looking after people’s most precious thing, their health and wellbeing, and you're keen to progress your career with a business that's going to disrupt the market, then join us.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy in advance of the closing date.